Simulations work best when they are targeted. Dr. Audra Diers-Lawson provides an eight-step process that she recommends anyone follow for developing simulations to ensure they are built for purpose.
- Step 1: Assessing the suitability of simulations in meeting broad objectives
- Step 2: Identify specific, SMART objectives for simulations
- Step 3: Brainstorm interesting and useful scenarios for your topic area
- Step 4: Create (or borrow) a broad narrative
- Step 5: Create (or borrow) your organisation
- Step 6: Create the simulation’s structure and key events
- Step 7: Get feedback on the basic simulation design, objectives, and scenario
- Step 8: Develop the materials
SimulaCranium’s Simulation Builder picks this process up and we add a simple step 9 — use our builder to easily translate your great materials into a cloud-based simulation.
For a full explanation of each step, see Dr. Lawson’s full guide.